This is the first part of a multi-part tutorial describing how to configure the "perfect" Kodi media centre running on top of ubuntu server.
Other parts of the tutorial may be found here:
- Introduction and Overview
- Part 1: Kodi installation and configuration
- Part 2: NFS file sharing
- Part 3: Auto-mounting hard drives with Udev
- Part 4: Remote administration with SSH
- Part 5: Transmission torrent client
- Part 6: VPN connection
- Part 7: Firewall configuration with UFW
This part of the tutorial deals with basic Kodi installation and network configuration for the server. It sets out some basic configuration to get the system to load Kodi straight away when it boots up, make the media database available to other Kodi clients on the network, enabling the power menu within Kodi's interface, and making sure automatic updates are enabled.