This is the third part of a multi-part tutorial describing how to configure the "perfect" Kodi media centre running on top of ubuntu server.
Other parts of the tutorial may be found here:
- Introduction and Overview
- Part 1: Kodi installation and configuration
- Part 2: NFS file sharing
- Part 3: Auto-mounting hard drives with Udev
- Part 4: Remote administration with SSH
- Part 5: Transmission torrent client
- Part 6: VPN connection
- Part 7: Firewall configuration with UFW
This part of the tutorial sets out a few different methods I've tried for auto-mounting known external hard drives, and the working solution I arrived at. My hard drives contain the media files in my library, so I need them to be mounted at consistent locations to avoid breaking Kodi's file indexing and the NFS shares.