This is the fifth part of a multi-part tutorial describing how to configure the "perfect" Kodi media centre running on top of ubuntu server.
Other parts of the tutorial may be found here:
- Introduction and Overview
- Part 1: Kodi installation and configuration
- Part 2: NFS file sharing
- Part 3: Auto-mounting hard drives with Udev
- Part 4: Remote administration with SSH
- Part 5: Transmission torrent client
- Part 6: VPN connection
- Part 7: Firewall configuration with UFW
This section covers Transmission daemon's installation and configuration, and some tips for controlling it using the commandline as well as enabling administration on the local network using the web interface.